For several years now, numerous organizations have set out on the battle to make India hunger-free. One such organization is Annamrita Foundation, formerly known as ISKCON Food Relief Foundation. Founded in 2004 to support the government’s mid-day meal scheme, we have over 16 years of experience and expertise as one of the best NGOs for children in India. This became possible by consistently ensuring nutrition, taste, and quality of food provided to schools.
However, our efforts came to a halt when schools were forced to shut down across India due to a pandemic. As a result, lakhs of families lost access to daily nutrition. In addition, lakhs of people who lived on daily wages were hit with a lack of income and jobs, which lead to uncertainty of the future. While lakhs of people were battling hunger during the pandemic, Annamrita, an NGO in India, strives to feed those in hunger and need. We leveraged our existing kitchens to cook one-pot meals for people who had lost their regular income. You can donate online to charity and show your support for our mission against hunger.
If you consider making an online charity donation to Annamrita Foundation, here are 6 reasons why you should:
- Government-aided: We are a government-aided organization and work in tandem with the Government of India. When you make a charity donation to us, you will know for a fact that the fund is used to help those in need and are accountable to the government for the same.
- Unwavering Quality: We leverage best in class kitchens to ensure that the food we provide has consistent and standardized quality. For every charity donation you make, you can stay rest assured that the money is utilized to provide high-quality food in terms of taste, hygiene, nutrition, and so on.
- Secular Organization: Although an off-spring of ISKCON, a religious organization, Annamrita Foundation is a truly secular organization with affiliation to no religious or political group. We believe that nutrition and literacy go beyond the concept of religion.
- Easy to contribute: Unlike several other organizations, the process to make a charity donation is very simple with Annamrita. You can make an online charity donation by going to our website and clicking on the “Donate” button. Further, at Annamrita, we make it possible for you to send a meal to someone in need at merely Rs.21.
- Transparent: On the donation page, we show you a breakdown for every single donation that reaches us. Through this, you will know how your online charity is used.
- Tax Exemption: Based on Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, you will be entitled to a 50% deduction of the amount donated by you to our trust.
Go ahead. You are not merely making an online charity donation. This is your chance to make a difference.